Monday, April 7, 2014

The rest of February

Time for some updating.  

So, Valentine's Day happened.  And it was sweet.  I feel like there was more to it, but now I can't remember if we did anything on the actual day/weekend.  

But on the Wednesday before, this was waiting for me at home:

 Oh, just 100 roses, no big deal.

Flowers and a baby, a very big deal.  :)

And then the roses got color blocked so they could be enjoyed longer.


Then my parents came in to town and I have no pictures to show for it, except for this little Walmart excursion.


During that time, Hylan and my Dad had their birthdays on February 26th, but alas, I have no pictures to document that experience either.  Hmmm...well, we celebrated together with my sister's family on the Sunday before and ate a traditional roast beef and mashed potatoes, etc. with strawberry cheesecake for dessert (Hylan's fave).  Oh, and Hylan bought himself a spiffy new hard shell briefcase.  We don't have to try to hard at gift-giving anymore (hey, what do you want?..okay go buy it because I'll pick out the wrong thing). It's practical, anyway.

Oh, now I remember.  Hylan, Naomi, and I went to Tucanos for Hylan's actual birthday during lunch.  What a perfect place to take a baby to eat!  Naomi feasted on mandarin oranges, beets, peas, fried banana, cheese bread, garbanzo beans, marinated mozzarella balls, and more.  She enjoyed it as much as we did.  

And that was February, folks.  A good one, I'd say.  

No comments: