Monday, October 7, 2013

8 Months

Nao-me, Nao-my, Nao-mo is now 2/3's of a year old!  WOW.


And guess how this pumpkin is celebrating?  She gets to go somewhere it has taken her mom 31 years to get to (I'll give you a hint: this almost assures her first birthday party theme will be Minnie Mouse!).  What a life!


She has no idea how much fun it's going to be!

Some Naomi milestones of the past month include:

She has cut her first tooth and the second one is not far behind.



She is expanding her foods and still hasn't refused anything I've fed her.  Please stay unpicky my dear!  She can almost self-feed cheerios, but hasn't mastered the pincer technique just yet.

She is becoming more and more mobile.  She can scoot, reach, lunge, and roll her way around.  It will not be long before she is full on crawling!  She just needs a little toy motivation and she is on her way.  She can support herself standing as well.

I will get that phone and look at photos/videos of myself and my kitty brother now!

She is casually interested in TV.  I turn on Doc McStuffins for her...but truthfully, I think I'm more entertained by it.  I also like to turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for her.  But most of the time, she's content to play with her toys, as long as she is well fed and well rested.  And of course, her absolute favorite is Mommy and Daddy playtime.  She can't ever get enough of that!  So, we try to give her the attention she needs and not neglect brother Kingo who also clamors for our attention, particularly during Naomi's nap time.  

She loves touching different textures!  One of our favorite past times is getting the mail because she gets to play with all of the newspaper/magazine advertisements!


All she wanted to do was play with this paper sign the whole time I was trying to get her to smile for the camera.


 It got nice and crinkled.


She is just so delightful and still sleeps great.  Bedtime varies from about 7:00-8:30 pm, depending on whether she has had a late 3rd nap.  But in the morning, I don't think I've had to get up before 7:00 am in months! (We go to bed around 10:00 pm, so I get a solid 9 hours of sleep nearly every night, which is precisely what I need!)  So yeah, I've been happy lately, so happy, that I don't think I realized how depressed I was for most of 2013.  I will take these sunshine-y moments and bask in them!


Life is good. Naomi appreciates Daddy-Daughter time while I'm teaching my classes at UVU.  It means so much to me that I get to do that (more than I thought it would).  It makes all these sweet moments more precious and it is so refreshing to my soul.


Here is a pic from a few weeks ago before Fall decided to arrive.


Oh, how we love our little Nomie!

Finally, here is a little Halloween costume preview.


A hot pink strawberry!  Thank you Costco for making all of my dreams come true.  (Yeah, she totally would have picked this one if she had the choice. I know this girl!)  

More cuteness to come.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute Emily! It's crazy how life changes once your hormones are back in place and the babes turns into a baby instead of a newborn! hahah You'll have so much fun at Disneyland! So excited for you!

D & C Larson said...

Oh Em she is growing up so quickly! So adorable! Can't wait to hear more about your wonderful trip and to see lots of pics! :)