June 7th, 2013
- Naomi will no longer take a pacifier because she prefers her thumb (or whole hand).
- Naomi consistently sleeps 8 hours a night. So, we usually try to plan it for 10:00 pm-6:00 am. It seemed like any time she would go to bed sooner, she would just sleep 8 hours, so I'd be up in the middle of the night. But the past two nights--cross your fingers for the future--we put her down around 7:30 and she slept all the way until 6:00 am! I'm anxious for this trend to continue.
- Naomi takes at least one 3 hour nap during the day and usually another couple of naps anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. It's not a rigid schedule, but about every 2 hours, she needs some sleep or she is Miss Inconsolable Cranky Pants.
- She still sleeps in her Rock 'N' Play Sleeper, but ever since 3 months, she sleeps in her room! I sure appreciate getting uninterrupted sleep these days!
- I also put her in her crib to sleep for the very first time a few nights ago and she slept normally! I guess it's time to transition, but I'm hoping she still likes her little sleeper for another month, so we can take that to Idaho. #whydidistresssomuchtoputhercribtogetherbeforeshewasborn
- Still loves TV, b-ball in particular. #justwaituntilfootball
Pacers fan like her Momma!
my sister gave me this shirt around 15 years ago during the Reggie days!
- Doesn't care much for the swing anymore (see above photo), but she did finally notice the mirror and birdies up above. She was curious when I put the toy tray on, so she might appreciate it again in the future.
- If Naomi is not eating, being strolled, held (walking around not sitting), or in the Bjorn (Daddy time!), she is often quite a fussy gussy. This is why I take 1-4 walks around the park daily. It's my best tactic to get her to fall asleep. #noneedformorecardio
He's using the dust buster under the table after a family party. She is super girl, flying.
- She really likes to hold things, including her bottle.
- We gave up swaddling a month ago and there has been no negative repercussion. She is big enough to stretch out and it was getting too hot in the swaddle anyway.
- I took Naomi's newborn clothes out of the closet. I was sad to put them away but happy for her to fit into some new outfits! #whydowegetsoemotionalaboutclothes
What's that? My daughter wearing a non pink outfit. You don't say.
- She's getting stronger! She rolled over on Mother's Day (actually the week before but we didn't witness it, just the result #leftforoneminutetochangeoutofchurchclothes).
Daddy made a bow for her head.
- Three hours of church can be a struggle, but we survive, most of the time.
bodykitty is still a bit jealous of all the attention baby girl gets. I am sometimes found carrying both children around the house too, but have yet to figure out how to take a picture (with what spare hand?). Here is an attempt from a few days ago.
He's a snuggle hog--look how he pushed Naomi out of the way to be on the same side
- Naomi is a cougar! She loves to growl! She also talks. Her favorite thing to say is, "yeah, yeah." She also coos and practices her vowel sounds when I repeat them. She loves it when you talk to her or tell stories. She loves seeing a face after she wakes up. She giggles when provoked, which makes us giggle! (#ofcourseiknowshedoesntreallyknowhowtotalkyet)
- Naomi has her doctor's appointment this Tuesday. There we will learn she has surpassed Kingo in weight (he's around 11-12 lbs and I'm guessing she's 12-13 lbs).
- Naomi has my dark blue eyes, sensitive (eczema-prone) skin, chubby thighs, and big hands (she'll be palming a basketball before we know it!), but still looks nothing like me. #daddysgirl
We love this baby!