Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Emily's Favorite Things (epic edition, part II)

Welcome to Part II of a five part series on Emily's Favorite Things.  Let me know if you love/hate my picks in the comment section. 

2.) Snyder's of Hanover Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel Pieces



And a nod to my home state for shipping out the best pretzels all over the country!

Lately, I've been buying these little flavored pretzel pieces. I eat them sometimes as a little salty counterpoint to my Turkey Lingonberry Sandwich (see yesterday's post) or even sprinkled on top of a salad for a little extra sweet/salty textured crunch (especially the bottom of the bag pieces that are really tiny. We've also thought they would make a yummy breading on chicken tenders too, but haven't tried that yet).

I used to never like mustard anything until I discovered honey mustard. Now I love mustard everything--be it honey mustard, whole grain mustard, creamy yellow, spicy brown, etc. And as a flavoring on pretzels, well now you've just gone and made a perfect marriage!

I like this product in the "pieces" variety as opposed to the "nibblers" variety because you get more flavoring coating each pretzel bite. Hylan is a fan of these, and he'll hear me nagging, "are you going to eat ALL OF THOSE?" I only get protective over a few foods because I can make this bag last a long time spread out over many weeks--I really like to savor flavors I love--whereas, he can consume the whole bag in mere minutes. And that makes me sad. So, yeah, we BOTH love these yummy sweet/salty morsels of pretzel goodness. And luckily, they are sold in many grocery stores nearby.


Next up on "Emily's Favorite Things (epic edition, part III)," a sweet and fruity bev....

No comments: