Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Emily's Favorite Things (epic edition, part I)

This is Part I of a five part series.


Lately, in my world, I've been favoring a few particular products.  These are so good that I just thought I'd share them with you...because I'm nice like that. 

I wish I got paid to talk about how awesome this stuff is, but alas, I'm just a pure honest HUMBLE (somehow capitalizing humble makes it seem more ironic and funny to me.  Smile if you agree.  Frown if you think my humor is too dry.) blogger who writes for my own pleasure.

Because this "epic" post got way too large, I've decided to condense it down to one post per day, for the next five days, so keep on coming back!

1.)  Lingonberry Preserves from IKEA

I can't tell you how awesome it is to live about 15 minutes away from IKEA, but that's another story.  By the way, I'm sorry if you have to drive a long way to get to one, or if you've never experienced the wonders of IKEA!
 

I am a big fan of the lingonberry.  Of course, like most berries, it is super nutritious!  Lingonberries are tart, similar to the good ole American cranberry.  They are obviously Scandinavian in origin, and are often preserved in jams/jellies for easier consumption.   I also like drinking lingonberry juice whenever we dine at IKEA, because where else can you drink lingonberry juice?  Nowhere that I know of, so it's a special treat. 

Anyway, the traditional way to eat the lingonberry preserves is with Swedish Meatballs!  Well, that's all fine and good--I really love fruit and meat combos--but my favorite way is a little more unorthodox, a little more American, a little more like Thanksgiving leftovers lunch!

That's right, I spread copious amounts on my (almost daily) Turkey Sandwich lunch.  If you're a fan of cranberry sauce, then you'll be a fan of this method for sure.  And if you're not, well, you're missing out!  I smile each time I make a turkey/provolone/mayo/lingonberry/spinach sandwich on whole grain bread.  Judging by the near emptiness of my jar of lingonberry preserves, I must like it a whole lot!  Give it a try.


Next up on "Emily's Favorite Things (epic edition part II)," you can look forward to reading about a sweet & salty, crunchy snackfood!

No comments: