Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Here's to Christmas Sugar!

I can't even keep track of how many things I've made (and eaten for that matter - yum!) over the past couple of weeks. Here are a few more highlights:

Russian Tea Cakes. They are like a shortbread nut cookie coated in powdered sugar.

My brother attempted and succeeded at making a Buche de Noel at my house. I'm a fan of the natural decorations. It was very tasty too.


We had a wonderful simple, quiet, and leisurely Christmas morning at our house. We got up around 9:30 or so, made breakfast, and then opened gifts. My favorite part was when I sent Hylan on a Christmas Gift Treasure Hunt through our house to find his 15 lb dumbbells. After that, it was off to 1:00 pm church.

I have really enjoyed the entire Christmas season this year. It has been so nice just to spend time with family, bake, cook, eat, exercise...and not have to go to work so much! Ah, la dolce vita. :)

Another delicious dish I made yesterday was Carla Hall's Groundnut Stew. I thought it was awesome, so I'd recommend trying it. It has kind of a Mexican and Thai feeling to it with the nuts and spices, but if anything, it's actually quite African.

Another highlight of Christmas Eve dinner, was Carla Hall's Cranberry Ginger Soda. It's not cheaper than buying soda at the grocery store, but I thought it was so festive and tasty!

If I get started on food, I won't stop, so I'll just leave it at that. Here's to a wonderful, Happy New Year, 2012! Ringing it in this year in sunny San Diego. Cheers! :o)

No comments: