Sunday, August 14, 2011

Another Awkward Emilyism

Last Thursday was graduation at BYU. That means for my job, since I work in the advisement center for the Bachelor of General Studies, we have a party for our graduates. You know, just like we did in April. You'll remember Cosmo came last time and we took pictures with him. He came again this time, only he was taller. Weird. Anyway...

After the party was over, we were eating our lunch before cleaning up and heading home a little early.

During our lunch we were sitting at a table chatting. One of my coworkers asked our director what her favorite story was from talking to our graduates. I thought she said, "that's like asking what's your favorite chocolate?"

So, I said, "dark."



And everyone looked at me funny.

What?

So, I explained my favorite chocolate is DARK!

"No, I said, that's like asking who's your favorite child."



Uh...oops!
"Yeah, I still say the dark one."

And then I pronounced the situation awkward. We all had a little belly chuckle and then moved on to more serious topics.

Is it that subconsciously I really think about chocolate more than children? Hmm...

HA HA! I tell ya, I don't know where I come up with these things. Silly Emily!

2 comments:

Allison said...

It was hilarious and made for quite a good laugh, so thanks!

Bridget said...

Awesome! haha!