Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Like Sands Through The Hourglass...

I miss posting things on my blog. I’ve written countless blogs in my mind over the past 5 weeks, but when have I had time to put those thoughts to keyboard? On the priority list, blogging seems to fall to the bottom. And since sleep is too precious to cut from my life, blogging gets the boot.

I do plan to catch up because my camera is full of boring, poorly-taken pictures that you probably don’t want to see, but nonetheless will serve as a great reminiscences for me.

Our home is mostly put together, though lacking in the many finishing touches I have in mind. I had grandiose expectations of buying brand new Christmas decorations to festivize my house to the max, but instead we chose the economic route and pulled out our already owned décor (still pretty much looks like that just in a new place). Note to self, don’t wait until December 4th to try to buy a Christmas tree from Costco. But since we were gone until December 2, and I have trouble thinking about Christmas before Thanksgiving, that’s just the way the cookie crumbled this year. Not to worry, we still have our anorexic 4 foot tree trimmed with small colorful sparkling balls, so whatever.

As for Christmas cards…HAHA! LOL! If I could get some pictures from our family reunion from last summer, or Thanksgiving this year, or quickly snap a picture before/after church, maybe I’ll put together something. I guess I still have time to ask Hylan to help me write our top ten, but we’ll see. Don’t expect anything in the mail though, that’s for sure (ouch—that kind of hurt to type. Sorry).

I’m just looking forward to life slowing down a little bit next week. Some family time. Couple days off work. Cooking/Baking. Watching movies. Just spending time with Hylan. Oh yeah, and definitely some more Eagles victories!

So, there is much to look forward to, blog world. I am not lost. I’m just so busy living life I don’t have much time to reflect. I’m looking forward to a simpler time in 2011, but we’ll see where the wind blows us.



Here are some things I might blog about:

  • Awesome Dyson Vacuum (heart, heart, heart)

  • American Fork restaurants (not to mention red velvet ice cream!)

  • Thanksgiving PA trip (with the whole famdamily-oh my!)
  • Here's a pic my cousin Heather took of me and my cousin Tawney, Thanksgiving day--It's just the only picture from the last two months of my life that is accessible at the moment, so whatever there you go. And yes, my shirt says "Gobble, Gobble."


  • NYC/Wicked (Elphaba and Glinda are officially my new favorite characters)

  • Munchkin Sitting & Gingy Cookies

  • New Ward, talks, etc.

  • My new fitness goals (treadmill/room dedicated to fitness = Happiness!)

  • Oh yeah, and did I ever mention that horrid Timp hike in August? No? Oh, I remember why.

  • Hylan’s fitness goals!

  • And much more HylanEmily-(but let's face it mostly Emily) related stuff!

No comments: