Friday, December 11, 2009

12 Days of Pillsbury


Okay, so I probably won't do 12 posts on 12 days about Pillsbury, however, I am working on a fun post about the Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalists. Here are some fun facts* I've discovered. For the complete list of Finalists, GO HERE.

First of all, may I start by bragging just a bit? Yes? Good. I noticed right off the bat...err...the rolling pin? that "Pizza Pretzels" is by far the easiest, catchiest (if I do say so myself), and literally the shortest recipe name of the entire list. Talk about CONSUMER APPEAL. Pillsbury, I've got it! :)

I have to admit that I am and always will be a proud Pennsylvanian, but 10% of the Pillsbury contestants this year are from PA! Whoa. A whopping 10 people. Being from Utah sets me a part a bit. There are just two of us. 2%! The other gal is from West Jordan and thankfully, is in a different category.

Here's some other fun stuff related to the finalist recipes:

  • 5 "pesto" recipes

  • 6 "pizza" recipes

  • Longest recipe names--At least 5 recipes have 7 words in their title:
Pecan Cookie Waffles with Honey-Cinnamon Butter
Turkey Club Sandwich Ring with Avocado Aioli
Mini Greek Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Sauce
Tomato-Basil Eggs Alfredo in Bread Baskets
Mediterranean Breadsticks with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
  • Here are some smart (mostly foreign) foodie terms (a couple of which I had to look up) from the recipes: (Quinoa, Muffuletta, Torta, Tapenade, Coulis, Canapes, Piadinis, Galette)

*No one with any authority has qualified my "facts" so read at your own risk and pleasure and feel free to add any comments.

Come back soon for more PILLSBURY!

No comments: