Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pillsbury Bake-Off Update

I've been getting lots of questions about the Pillsbury contest lately, so I thought I'd give you, my loyal readers, the inside scoop.

This past week I got a call from an East Coast gal who told me she is my media rep--I like to pretend she's my "agent"--who will schedule all of my press engagements. Sweet, I think to myself! So, I just may be making a second appearance on "Good Things Utah" and will probably do other such newspaper/TV news/radio sorts of interviews in 2010. My "agent" will start scheduling things for me starting in January, so I'll let you know when/if you can see/read/hear about me.

Here's the outline of events for me as scheduled by the doughboy company.

October
● Read recipe confidentiality
● Approve grocery and equipment lists
● Create home video
● Read media guidelines
● See 100 finalists names on http://www.bakeoff.com/

November
● Schedule your photo session

December
● Book travel and hotel accommodations

January
● Print your official recipe
● Watch for apron in mail

February
● Read more about the competition

March
● Review travel itinerary and event schedule
● Watch for recipe magazine in mail

April
● Review event information
● See you in Orlando!

This past Friday I did my "photo shoot" and I finally got my pathetic video in the mail (thanks for bearing with me Lynn and Nick). So, next item on the list is to make my travel arrangements. I've been having dreams about Orlando lately. I wonder why?! Hylan and I are planning on making a nice long vacation out of it as the contest falls perfectly right over our anniversary on April 13th!

But let me not fool you into thinking that my life is all that cool and exciting. It's mostly worky work busy bee for me as usual. For example:

  • 6:00-8:00am - Get ready for work, prepare and eat breakfast, read and pray, travel to BYU
  • 8:00-5:00pm - BGS stuff
  • 5:00-7:30 pm - Change, Pilates, travel time
  • 7:30pm-9:30pm - Change, Eat, pack lunches, get ready for bed, sit for a few minutes, go to bed.
  • 9:30ishpm-6:00am - Sleep
Tuesdays are pretty much the same except insert "teach yoga at UVU" during the 5:00pm - 7:30pm time frame. Also that night, I make sure to watch "The Biggest Loser" and record "So You Think You Can Dance," which I watch sometime later in the week or on the weekend.

So, for all of you who don't care about my life, that's kind of what it is. This week is going to be a good/short one!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING you TURKEYS!!

Psst. Go Eagles!

No comments: