Sunday, November 15, 2009

So You Think You Can Ebay

What's he so excited about?
Last week, I did something crazy. Something I do not recommend. Something that I wasn't sure would actually work until we were sitting in front of the stage.

I wanted to go to the So You Think You Can Dance show last year so badly it hurt. We couldn't do it last year. This year I wanted to go almost as badly, but I procrastinated getting tickets because I kept thinking I could get a better deal.

So there I was on a Friday afternoon bidding on eBay tickets for a show that was the next day. As luck would have it, I began corresponding with the seller...he told me he would send me an invoice and if I sent him the payment, he would race to the post office before it closed and have the tickets overnighted to me. He was in Detroit and we began corresponding at 2:30 pm my time (4:30 his time). It all sounded a bit shady, but I decided to go through with it because if it didn't work out, at least I had all kinds of email evidence through eBay and PayPal to submit to their fraud department. Also, the seller had a 5 star rating with over 1000 comments. So, I sent the payment for $70.00 ($18.00 for shipping). A total of EIGHTY EIGHT DOLLARS for front and center third row tickets!!!!! Or, so I thought.
I guess I haven't used PayPal since I've been married

After a nervous night, fretful sleep wondering if I had just plundered $88.00 (oh how much money that was last year!), and an anxious morning constantly checking the shipping id on USPS, the tickets finally arrived in the mailbox. I couldn't believe my eyes when the seats were true to the sale and face value were worth $120.00 each. I still didn't know if they were real tickets until the ticket guy scanned them and welcomed us into the E Center. I still didn't know if someone else would be sitting in our supposed seats, until we sat down in them. And then I knew for absolute certainty, I DONE GOOD!
During intermission, Hylan even admitted he was having a good time, probably not as much as me, but he was enjoying the show.
And that's the story of the best night ever! So much fun! So up close and personal. I love those dancers!
Before the show

The moral of the story is: sometimes procrastination pays.

Here's the rest of the pictoral evidence of our fabulous night. It was hard to take pictures when all I really wanted to do was watch them dance, but I managed to snap a few. I think Ade is still my favorite, but I really liked all of the TOP TWELVE!!! :)


No comments: