Friday, November 27, 2009

I don't claim "old." I am and always will be "young." That just comes with being the baby in the family. I'm the only sibling who can claim the 20's anymore, so I think I'll embrace that. However, lately, I've become evermore increasingly aware of the developing creases around my eyes, mouth, and forehead. WRINKLES! Gasp.

I remember sitting at a makeup counter about 4 years ago and the lady told me I had fine lines around my eyes. Not to worry, she assured me, they aren't wrinkles; It's just due to dry skin. I thought it was comical that she said that because I lather my body in lotion all the time. I have to. I live in Utah.

Anyway, the point is whether it's due to "dry" skin, or simply the loss of elastin, or sun exposure, or whatever, I have wrinkles. And so I decided to do something about it.

I joined in the multi-million/billion dollar cosmetics/skincare products industry. I did a little research and Olay's Regenerist* line has gotten quite a few favorable reviews for being a relatively affordable over-the-counter product line that is "effective." How effective? Time can only tell, but I bought me some serum and face lotion, and now I'm awaiting the results. If my face doesn't drink up the moisture now, I don't know what else I an possibly do. Well, there's always botox. But I don't need that yet.
It's all about prevention. And don't let me fool you into thinking that I think there's only a topical solution. I think nutrition and good health habits has as much and even greater effect on the quality of skin.

But hey, maybe this explains why I haven't been confused for a high schooler recently. See this post. I guess I'm okay with that!

And how ironic is it that just two seconds ago, there was an ad on television for the Regenerist line? Hmm, I guess their marketing works! But then again, read the disclaimer below.

*I actually bought the Rite Aid version of the products because it was $7.00 cheaper for each product and it seemed to me to have the exact same ingredients anyway, so since I'm trying it for the first time, I decided to save a few pennies.

So, how about you? Any skin product recommendations? What's your favorite?

No comments: