Sunday, August 23, 2009

Arancine

The other day while recipe browsing I learned a new culinary term, ARANCINE. These little treats are basically fried rice balls (usually made from risotto) and hail from Sicily. The name derives from the Italian word arancia, which means orange. In Sicilian, arancine means "little oranges" (see Wikipedia). Right now, I don't have the ambition or time to make this recipe for "Citrus Arancine", especially because if I go through the trouble of making risotto, I will want to enjoy the risotto, but I thought it was an interesting culinary tidbit.



The next time I see Arancine on a menu, I'll know what they are and excitedly order them so that I can blog about how delicious they are!

By the way, have you had a chance to vote for PIZZA PRETZELS? Thanks to all who have already. There's still time: http://www.bakeoff.com/ Don't wait. Act now before it's too late! :)

No comments: