Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry So Sappy

I must say I am well-pleased with Hylan's post. I wasn't really expecting poetry. Thanks darling!

The other day I was driving home from work and heard this song on the radio. Now, normally I'm not much of a country music fan...at all...but I was kind of struck by these lyrics. I'll spare you your time or your gag reflex by actually posting the whole song, but if you'll oblige me, this is the part of the song that I'm quite sure I wrote about Hylan (in my head in other words) many times over.

And everyone that sees you
Always wants to know you
And everyone that knows you
Always has a smile
You're a standing ovation
After years of waiting
For a chance to finally shine
Everyone calls you amazing
Yeah I just call you mine

So, here's to you Mr. Student Body President Football Star Popular Dude from Olympia, Washington. I'll never tire of hearing people call you amazing...I'll just call you mine...forever...mwaahaaha.

Sigh.

No comments: