Monday, January 19, 2009

No Pictures, Just Opinions!

I don't want to talk about yesterday. Let's just say, I got my hopes up for another miracle...dashed again. :o( The only thing left to do is cheer for the Steelers!

I guess that's the end of football blogs for awhile. Shall I go back to food? Yes, except that I left my camera in a closet in Santaquin, Utah, so I haven't taken any pictures of food I've made, or anything else for that matter.

I could talk about Tom Hanks' ridiculous comment about Mormons who supported Proposition 8:

"...and the truth is a lot of Mormons gave a lot of money to the church to make Prop-8 happen," he told Tarts. "There are a lot of people who feel that is un-American, and I am one of them. I do not like to see any discrimination codified on any piece of paper, any of the 50 states in America..." (click here for the story).

LAME! I have my personal opinions about Prop 8 itself. IT IS a MORAL issue and it is something worth standing up for. "Marriage is ordained of God between man and woman" (see The Family: A Proclamation to the World). PERIOD! And expressing this opinion is as American as it gets!

I get that he's trying to say that it's discriminatory and that's why he feels it's "un-American," however, this is not the case. No one is disallowing certain lifestyle choices. Preserving marriage as a sacred institution is not discrimination. I'm sick of this amoral society that we live in which is full of relativism and justifications. I know that their is such a thing as ABSOLUTE TRUTH (see the above link).

Let me just say that I believe in the freedoms of America. I believe in freedom of expression. I also believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I also believe the most fundamental part of "the gospel" is learning to love one another! I'm not discriminating or hating; I'm expressing my opinion. Everyone deserves to be treated like the child of God they are, but marriage is a sacred institution...and God will not be mocked!

That should be a good enough post for now. Not your usual, eh?

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! I've done a lot of reading about him (I recommend his biography by Clayborne Carson), and I for one am convinced that he was a great man who did many great things! Look how far our country as come!

The end.

2 comments:

queendeni said...

Great observations, Emily! Freedom of expression is priceless! Love to hear your insights!

Brittany said...

It seems so clear and simple when you put it that way. Why is there such a controversy about this in the first place?!