Monday, January 14, 2013

> 36 weeks

Me and sleepless nighttime have become fast friends.  "They" say to get used to it because it won't get any better but that does little to assuage my irritability.

Sunday, January 13, 2013



My doctor is in Tahiti right now, so I saw him on New Year's Eve.  At that point, I was measuring on par and everything seemed as fine and dandy as it could be.  

I also finally went in for a second ultrasound to double check Naomi's kidneys on January 7th.  It was recommended to me to have done in the second trimester because the first radiologist thought they might have seen some microscopic something or other on her right kidney.  Well, we went and double-checked (somewhat reluctantly, since it's not that cheap even with insurance and we both very much believe she will come into this world healthy); they looked and looked and couldn't even figure out really what they were looking for.  

Ultrasounds this late are difficult to read because the babies bones are so developed, but anyway, we were expecting it to be pointless, and it was, but it certainly didn't hurt anything but our pocketbooks to be sure.  We did find out that Naomi is in the correct head down position, but this also made it difficult to see her head or face, so we got nothing but a bogus hand picture that looks like she's double jointed with 4 fingers.  Oh well, we'll meet her soon enough!

By the way, the single umbilical artery still exists but is functioning fine, so it's a non-issue.

As for me, yoga and tub therapy has certainly worked wonders on a hurt back.  Too bad after I rehabbed my back and was getting so that I didn't have to waddle anymore and so that sitting wasn't so terribly uncomfortable, I went and cleaned my house again...only this time I made the mistake of lifting heavy objects all around the house.  The real kicker was trying to lift the treadmill while simultaneously trying to straighten the rug underneath that it sits on.  Needless to say, I hurt something in a--deep down I don't know where spot or how to explain it--and I'm back to waddling.  And the rug is still bunched up!  Argh.  So, yoga and my jetted tub will remain my best friends from now until forever!  

Other than that, and the overtiredbutcan'tgetcomfortable-sleepless-fatigue, moodiness, and regular giant pregnant lady discomforts, I really am lucky.  I don't know if it's because it's winter, but I've continued not to have any swelling.  My wedding ring slides on and off as easily as it did before.  I do get a little heartburn here and there, but most of the time it's really not that bad, and I've still only resorted to Tums a few times.  I feel large and am tired of recycling the same 3-5 outfits each week, but I have no plans to go shopping for me clothing until I am back to homeostasis.

Oh, and I forgot about that abominable nasal congestion which I've had all pregnancy.  Well, that was confounded this last week by what I thought might have been a cold, but actually, I think it might have just been exacerbated by the yucky Utah inversion air because once that cleared out, my extra yuckies did too.  By the way, good old fashion saline nasal spray really does help lots!

This past Saturday I was showered with lots of love by some dear friends and family.  I feel very grateful for all of the many kindnesses I received.  I finally cleared out the clutter from Naomi's room and we also finally bought and (I) assembled (thankyouverymuch) the crib and changing table (somebody's got to work and another somebody is at home and impatient).  So, now it's time for me to do some baby clothes/blankets laundry, get a few other miscellaneous baby items and then get it ALL organized and put away, hang some pictures and shelves (I will wait for Hylan to help with that), and then maybe the nursery will be ready to my satisfaction.  Once that's done and Doc is back from his tropical vacation, I would prefer her to come sooner than later. 

My next appointment is January 22 and I will be 37 1/2 weeks.  "They" say that's full term, so on with the show, I say!  

1 comment:

Bret and Ashlee said...

So excited for you guys! You're so close, I can't wait to see pictures!