Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Do or Do Not; There is No Try

If you've been around the food blogger's block, you will have already heard or seen these Star Wars beauties that can be found at Williams-Sonoma. I just couldn't resist their inherent awesomeness, and when we ended up at said store (which is blissfully 3 minutes from my home!) Hylan said, "get something," so we (he) justified the $20.00 purchase for 4 cookie cutters and I just had to make some for our Memorial Day get-together (how patriotic)!


We (Hylan) discovered the dip and flip method worked the best to "frost" the cookies. Piping was too time consuming and I didn't really have the right tips or the right consistency of royal icing, as you can see below.

I only made yodas because I didn't want to deal with more than two colors of icing. The best part of sharing these cookies were the reactions from those seeing them for the first time, especially my nieces and nephews. Don't these yodas just make you smile?

I'd recommend they make at least 4 more cutters: C3PO, R2D2, Chewbacca, and an Ewok.

There is at least one person in my family who I know should own a set of these and his birthday is in two days! Perhaps I should tell his wife! Happy Birthday Martin!!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Awesome! Aaron now wants them

heatherhite said...

Yes! Yes it does! Thanks for the smile!

Brittany said...

Those Yoda's are adorable, haha. I love to read your blog and see what you've been cooking :)