Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Catching Fire


Thank you Borders for sending me a 40% off coupon - sometimes it does "pay" to give your email address to businesses and join their rewards program (but only when you don't have to pay anything to join).

Anyway, thanks Borders, because now I own a copy of book #2, "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins. I reserved my copy online through borders.com and then walked up to the front register of the store, picked it up, and paid for it with my coupon. A beautiful experience, if I do say so myself. It's the little things that make my life easier, ya know? Makes me happy.

Since Comcast is--what's another word for retarded that's more politically correct--and our cable has been out the last few days (missed game 6 of the finals, boo), at least I have had my book. Now, if only I could morph my hour lunch breaks into entire afternoon lunch breaks, then I could find a hammock, or a poolside lounge chair, and slather on the sunscreen, put on some shades, sip natural lemonade lightly sweetened, and read my book. Hmm, maybe next summer....

No comments: