Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Still Blind

Fact: Up until a year ago, people in the military were only allowed to have PRK instead of LASIK eye surgery.

Fact: I am still blind and the screen that I'm looking at is almost completely fuzzy unless I hunch over and get obnoxiously bump-by-nose-on-the-screen-close to the laptop.

Fact: My eyes are healing. Twenty-hours after my surgery, the epithelium was 50% regenerated. My eyes don't feel burned and irritated (like there are huge eyelashes permanently stuck to my eyeball) anymore, but they are still highly sensitive to light and air.

Fact: I have not worn eye make-up for six days. I feel like a ghost lady, but I can't see myself well enough to care all that much. On Monday, it rained the entire day and I wore sunglasses the entire day everywhere Hylan drove me.

Fact: Driving and working are near impossible and quite frankly, downright dangerous. Life in general is quite frustrating. Apparently seeing is quite an important part of everyday life. Who would have thought? Well, now that I'm blind, I know.

Alas, don't feel bad fair readers, in four more weeks I will have vision like a child and I will enjoy that existence for a very long time.


P.S. I'm still trying to figure out if I can upload this dvd of my surgery to my blog, but I don't have the vision to figure it out yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oops, sorry I accidently deleted the previous comment. I hope you start to see soon. It's so not fun to be blind, especially after LASIK. Best wishes!

Caroline said...

SOMEBODY (wink wink) told me you were following behind them in their car. Should this have made me nervous...you being on the road:)