Friday, February 19, 2010

My right eye is retarded

...no, I mean really. It's retarded in its growth. The epithelium of my right eye just can't seem to make up its mind and close up. This is why I'm still blind, because there is a small gaping epithelial hole over my right pupil.

Now I'm trying to be extra vigilant in covering my eye at night with the plastic shield they gave me, so we'll see how it goes. My eye doc said that in his 10 years of professional experience, he's never seen it grow so slowly. Sometimes it's not fun to be the anomaly.

Oh well, I'll yet heal and have perfect vision.

I've tried and tried to upload the video of my surgery but it's 13 minutes and I think it just might be too big. So, sorry if you were interested, but you can watch this person's PRK at Hoopes here. Take note of the part where the epithelium is scraped off. That's what's taking so long to heal on my right eye.

No comments: