Sunday, May 3, 2009

Grow Gills!

I really want to keep this blog updated and fresh with new thoughts and insights, or as a fun chronical of Hylan and my life, but come Sunday there is some serious writer's block going on. The week is so full--too full--to the brim full that finally Sunday rolls around and I just want to RELAX.
I'm a bit of a home body, you see. I don't mind being home for long stretches of time, escaping from time to time. I'd much rather do that than hardly ever be at home except to sleep, but that's life right now. Life is full of work, more work, exercising, teaching, meetings, callings, searching for homes, shopping, and finding time to eat (not cook, just finding time to eat!). It's almost too crazy. It's hard just trying to keep my head above water, but whenever we find ourselves in that kind of a metaphor, here's some of the best advice I've heard lately: GROW GILLS!

I guess this is just a season of life that I need to plow ahead, swim ahead if you will, and instead of trying to keep my head above water, I'll keep it down and adapt, learning how to breathe with my new circumstances. Appreciate the NOW. "Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present."

But as my friend Bartleby, the Scrivener says, "I would prefer not to."

In truth, I would prefer not to meet all my obligations, take care of all of my responsibilities, and be so darned busy, but alas, something draws me forward and I do it nonetheless. I try to find joy in the journey. I grow gills and swim towards the future--a brighter one--one where Emily is Queen.

Hope you will too!

No comments: