Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Best Words I've Heard Lately

We went to have homemade pizza night at my sister's house yesterday because my niece has been asking to see me. My sister has tried to explain to her that "Auntie works now," with the implication that we'll get to see each other a little less often than we have in the past. Well, in response to this explanation, my sweet niece replied, "Auntie doesn't work; Auntie exercises."

That quote made my day.

A couple of weeks ago, when we were leaving their home after an Easter dinner, I said to this same astute niece something like, "you're lucky because you don't have to go to work tomorrow, do you?" Her response was classic: "Yeah, because I'm a girl."

Touché!!!!!!!

And for the record, I still exericse--just a little less intensely, a little less often, and certainly not twice a day.

3 comments:

queendeni said...

Out of the mouths of cute babes! Your tests are graded, but I have them, I will leave them on the desk tomorrow a.m.

Brittany said...

Hehe...that sounds like a pretty insightful comment :) I hope your job is going well!

Holly Janeen said...

rock on. no one would EVER say that about me! :)