Thursday, May 14, 2015

Rosie's Blessing Day

On Sunday, May 3rd, 2015, Rosalie Maybelle Harper was blessed and officially given a name on the records of our church.


Rosie got all dressed up in our family blessing dress (made from the same fabric as my mother's wedding dress).  She was wrapped in my family's shawl and a blanket from her Grandma Harper. And just like the angel baby that she is, she slept through the entire thing!

Through the power of the priesthood, her Daddy blessed her and promised her many beautiful things. We have recorded those important words for her to read in the future, but a couple things stood out: Rosie will grow up to be known as a sweet and kind young woman who will help others to see how wonderful and important women are; And she and her sister will become great friends.

 Rosie is also wearing my little pink slippers

 eventually they'll like each other

but sometimes it will feel like this

Many family members were able to be with us for the blessing and were also able to come over to our house afterwards for lunch.

the pic that Hylan took and Auntie Sheree is holding Rosie

the pic Sheree took

family closeup

We had a delicious feast that my mom helped me to prepare.  I made these yummy Sloppy Joes.  We also made Mexican Macaroni Salad, Pea Salad, Pineapple Lush Dip (served with vanilla wafers, graham sticks, and fresh strawberries), my sister brought perfectly yummy deviled eggs, and we also had chips, cream puffs, various chocolates, and this ice cream cake: 


It was a wonderful day of family and celebration.  I can't believe how well I felt for two and a half weeks postpartum.

 another attempt at a family pic

 
 about as good as it was going to get

 my family!

I'm so happy.  So lucky.  So blessed!  And my angel baby let's me get good sleep.  It helped a lot to have Hylan home for a week and a half, my parents in town for two weeks, and Hylan's mom ready to help when I need it.  So many things are different this time around, and I am definitely not missing the anxiety and depression I had with that cute two year old up there.  I'm much better able to appreciate and relish life this time around and I do not take that for granted!

Families are Forever!  :)

No comments: