Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Blessing Day

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have a special ordinance in which babies are given a name and a blessing by priesthood authority.  This is sweet and sacred occasion usually performed publicly during our church services and one where family and friends are often invited to attend.  

Hylan was able to perform this ordinance along with members of our family, Bishopric, and close personal friends this past Sunday.  

Although Naomi's blessing is too personal and sacred to share in this format, as her Momma, I can say that each of us has a divine mission to fulfill during our time on this earth.  Part of Naomi's mission is to bring joy and happiness to others and to spread the gospel.  This means that Hylan and I have a great responsibility to teach her about testimony and truth as she grows up. It is a responsibility that I don't take lightly and I know I'll be successful because I have Hylan by my side!

For more information on Priesthood Blessings, click HERE.

 The Proud Parents

The Angel

Naomi was blessed in a white dress that my Mother made from her wedding dress that both my sister and I and our daughters have all worn to be blessed in.  She was also wrapped in a white blanket made by Hylan's Mom and a white shawl from my Mom that all of my siblings and their children have been wrapped in on their blessing days.

Some of the Priesthood who participated in Naomi's blessing

The girls who came to celebrate the occasion 

  The boys who came to celebrate the occasion too

 The Grandmas

  The Grandpas

 The girls who have all worn the white dress!

No comments: