Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shhh...they're sleeping.

Just a sleepy moment on a Tuesday night.  Only, this time Hylan wasn't faking sleep.  They look so content, don't you think?




This cat makes us so happy!  Before Hylan got home, Kingo decided to curl up on my lap while I was reading.  He just loves us so much and we love him! It seems silly, but I honestly forgot how much joy a cute wittle kitty cat could bring into our lives.

But anyway...  

I'm reconsidering the idea of training for a 1/2 marathon...mostly because lately I've been spending more time exercising away from home and it's taking up a lot of time.  I haven't run for a week because I kind of overdid it in the taking/teaching fitness classes department last week and I think it was the culprit for the cold I caught.  Luckily, the cold has been relatively short-lived, and truthfully, not running was probably for the greater good of my bum ankle.

I might still be able to work the whole running thing back into my schedule, but I don't want life to get too imbalanced.  I try to avoid obsession if I can, so we'll see what I figure out.

Oh, and...

Dear Bridget,

You should definitely try the Olay Regenerist line of products.  Along with the Night Resurfacing Elixir, these are my other faves for every day:

Regenerist Regenerating Serum



Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream

Regenerist Night Recovery Cream

 
 LOVE!

Here are some other ones that I've tried that were okay, but I didn't love them for my skin type:

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream & Micro-Sculpting Serum
I've been using these in tandem for the past couple of months but I think they are geared more for older skin types and deeper wrinkles.  I don't hate them, but I don't feel they are as hydrating or as smooth for my skin as the ones above are for me.


Regenerist Eye Regenerating Cream Touch of Concealer
My only real gripe with this product is that the concealer is too dark for my pale skin tone, otherwise, I think I would love it more.  For me it just seems like a hassle to layer on serum, lotion, eye lotion with concealer, regular concealer, and so on, so I find that I don't use it as often, but I definitely like the idea and wish there was a perfect match for my skin.
   


Regenerist Touch of Sun UV defense regenerating lotion SPF 15
While the sun protection was appealing to me, I find that any "touch of sun" or products like that make my skin look unnatural--like I have jaundice or something.  It's weird.  I don't know if anyone else has that problem.  I also don't like the smell of those kinds of products either--and this one has it too--so it's definitely not my fave.



Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Roller
This product I haven't used in awhile but I have bought it a few times.  I found the eye cream and application soothing, but I'm not sure that it did much to diminish my fine lines.  It may have helped to de-puff a little, but I find sleep is the most helpful for that.

Honestly, I'm not sure if my opinion is completely decided on this one.  I'll probably go back to purchasing it and trying it out again because I always feel like my eyes need a little extra attention, but if I don't love it again, I guess the search for eye cream will resume.  


Regenerist Filling + Sealing Wrinkle Treatment
I use this on occasion when the skin around my eyes (or crinkle in my brow, or smile lines...) is looking particularly noticeable., but it's also one that I can decide if I love or not.  It doesn't always wear well under concealer.  I've found that it kind of cakes up and messes up concealer (but maybe that's because I didn't let it set properly first?)  I think my opinion on this is that it does help to fill in some lines but I'm not sure that it's doing any deep penetrating improvement in my skin.  I don't always use it, but it seems like maybe a good weapon to have in the arsenal for special occasions.

The End.

I hope that's helpful, though it didn't really address your main concern (sorry, I don't know much about that :), but please let me know what you find that helps you!

No comments: