Thursday, April 19, 2012

Silly Soy Milk

The other day I was making a smoothie with this:


And I noticed this on the back of the carton.

 

Can you see that?  It's in red and I circled it.  It says:

NOT TO BE USED AS INFANT FORMULA

Good to know, right?  Consider yourself educated.  Ha ha! 

So anyway, here's a non-infant "recipe" guideline that I often make for breakfast.

Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie

1/4 - 1 cup Chocolate Soy Milk
1/4 - 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt (nonfat, plain)
1 Tbsp Almond Butter (fresh ground from Good Earth!)
1 Banana
Ice (or use frozen banana)
Chia Seeds/Psyllium Husks/Flaxseed Meal  (optional.  I use about 1/2 tsp each if using all three)
1 packet Stevia (optional)

Sometimes this smoothie is sweet enough without extra sweetener.  It depends on the banana's size and ripeness, as well as the amount of chocolate soy milk you add, whether or not you use sweetened yogurt (I usually don't), and whether or not you use sweetened almond or peanut butter.  Peanut butter is delicious of course! 

Enjoy.

No comments: