Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ode to a Strawberry




I'm a fruit lover. Fruit is nature's candy. Quite honestly, if I had to give up candy for fruit, I could, except that I don't believe in complete annihilation of any food from one's diet excepting in the case of religion, allergies, training for an athletic event, or insert other good reason here.

Strawberries are a perfect fruit. If I could pick one dessert to have for the rest of my life, it would be chocolate covered strawberries. They always make me smile! I'm never grumpy when I'm eating one (note to self, eat more chocolate covered strawberries when feeling depressed, dark cholate = even better!).



I love tuxedo berries. They will always be in fashion to me. I don't care if it's cliché to have chocolate covered strawberries at your wedding. I had them. I specifically requested them because I love them.

There is nothing better to me than eating a freshly picked strawberry from the patch. I'm dreaming of the strawberry patches I will once cultivate when a more permanent yard is obtained.


Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH STRAWBERRIES.


Thank you Costco for getting the best California 'berries ever in the springtime. The manager of the Orem Costco (who used to be Hylan and my Bishop) once told us that Orem was the strawberry-selling leader for all of Utah. Isn't that funny? Uh, maybe it's because I shop there! :)

I think my obsession all began with her. She is on the baby blanket that was made by the young women for me when I was born. I love Strawberry Shortcake. Her. The real one from 1982. I still have that blanket (I don't sleep with it anymore, but I'm not going to lie, I did until I got married. And what?)

The berry end. Sigh.

Thank you UVU for having a spring break so I don't have to teach yoga tonight and can go to our ward Relief Society birthday party.

No comments: