Monday, October 26, 2009

What's in a name?

THE FINALISTS HAVE BEEN POSTED. CHECK IT OUT HERE!

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis, however. On the Pillsbury website, I'm listed as "Emily Harper" from "Orem, UT." Who is this girl, I ask? Who?

It seems like yesterday (or the first 23.75 years of my life) that I was Emily Woolstenhulme. I'm Emily Woolstenhulme from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. There's a whole slew of people who only know me as this person and will probably only ever know me as her.

And yet, there's a whole slew of people who only know me as "Emily Harper" living in Utah...and will probably only ever know me as Emily Harper from BYU/Provo/Orem/West Jordan/orwhereverelseweliveinthisstate. I mean, I have lived in UT for approximately 9.167 years now.

WEIRD!

And that's why I use all of my names on facebook: EMILY.MARIE.WOOLSTENHULME.HARPER

So I can remember who I am.

Because all of my names are significant to me.

No comments: