Sunday, May 11, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Youth on Mother's Day

Here are some comments about mothers and women that I heard today in church. This is not meant to be a criticism of their comments, I just found their comments mildly amusing. Out of the mouths of teenagers:
  • "A mother's love is like pretty huge."
  • "Another happy thought is knowing that she still loves this talk even though it was written this morning. Poor woman."
  • "My mom is still not grown up, but I think that's okay."
  • "She hates my hugs because she's littler than me and I rest her head on my chest."
  • "I appreciate my mother's opinions, except in fashion."
  • "Mothers are different just like everybody else."
  • "They are always there no matter how unconvenient."
  • "They help decorate my room, because we have no style."
  • "A lesson I learned from my grandmother: guns are for girls."
One youth quoted these two scriptures, appropriately enough.

Proverbs 31:25-28
Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Alma 57:21
Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words
which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

Happy Mother's Day! I get to see my Mommy and Grandma on Thursday when we travel to South Carolina. :)

1 comment:

Marissa Marie said...

Kids make me laugh. Thanks for posting this.