Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day



For Valentine's Day I decided to recreate this Martha Meal: Pepper Crusted Steak, Creamed Spinach, and Roasted Tomatoes. Of course, I had to add the Fried Polenta Cakes--hearts and triangles--nice touch, eh?















Hylan seems to be pleased with his Valentine's Day Feast complete with heart-shaped twizzlers , fresh strawberries (surprisingly succulently sweet), and rootbeer and grape-flavored soda for Hylan. Strawberry water for me.

_____________________________________________________________________

The following incident occurred earlier in the week...













I woke up in the morning to find this in the fridge, so I had to call Hylan straightway. "Hylan," I whispered into the phone, "Batman came to our house." "Um, what?" Hylan asks quizzically. Then I described the scene. He responded with a patronizing that's cute, but I'm doing grown man work right now and don't understand why you're acting like a little kid tone. So, then he got home and discovered that indeed, his method of eating the chocolate pudding pie had produced the likeness of the batman symbol.

No comments: