Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh My Darling Clementine

It's clementine season again, people. Did you get your 5lb crate from Costco or your local grocery store yet? I have, and I don't think I'll be having Vitamin C deficiency anytime soon. I just love the sweet, succulent, orange-y segments. Truly, it is one of nature's candies!

Here's a snippet of what http://www.factsaboutfruit.com/Clementine.html has to say about clementines:"A clementine is enriched with vitamin C as well as essential sugars, fiber, calcium and vitamin A. They are very popular with health conscious people. They are so low in calories! A medium sized clementine will provide only 35-50 calories."
"A clementine is very effective in water retention and detoxification. It also helps to fight nervous tension, insomnia and restlessness."
I'll take it! I love it! Clementines are my hero fruit of the month! :) (Stay tuned for the strawberries of June, peaches of August and much more!)

1 comment:

Elizabeth C said...

Hey Hylan (& Emily) this is Liz (Cheney) Congrats on your wedding, you got married April 13th 2006? That is when we had our 2nd baby, that is her birthday. I thought that was crazy. Glad to see you guys are doing well. I don't know if Beth told you about the LMP blog, and you can get to lots of people from Lacey's blogs, (I started it) www.laceymormonposse.blogspot.com. Congrats again on your wedding. Liz